Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Goal


So why Japan? Well, why not :)
Okay, Japan has intrigued me since my childhood, just think of all the history and traditions that country has. The history of Japan is so vast and interesting...Just think of Samurai warriors, Geisha girls, temples and palaces... *sigh* And the modern day Japan is just as interesting as the Japan of the past. The technology, the people... everything!

And the country itself is so beautiful and diverse. There's the neon lights and big billboard ads of the cities, and then there's the harmony and calmness of the more rural areas. Something we don't have here in Finland. We have...cold and dark in the Winter, scorching sun in the Summer and mud in the Autumn. That's about it. And if one needs one good reason to travel to Japan, it's this:

The Cherry Blossom (Image: Wikipedia)


As I said in the previous post, we never had our honeymoon. My wife claims that it's okay, but I don't believe her. I feel like I've let her down. That sucks.

BUT, I want to surprise her with this! That's right, my wife does not know about my plans ;) This will be so awesome!

Japan it is - that is set in stone. The next question, however, is how to get there. Traveling costs money, which I (at the moment) don't really have. But everything I can possibly raise will go into the "Japan account". I'll get there, slowly but surely ... hopefully!

I've calculated that two week's holiday in Japan costs around 5000€. So that's the goal. I will keep you updated on how it goes, so fear not, you won't be left in the dark :) But please don't tell my wife about this :D

The current balance of the account is 150/5000€. Still a long, long way to go, but we're on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment