Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Free tickets?

I have read a few articles about the Japan government's interesting new plan of giving free tickets to Japan. All 10,000 of them. Now that may sound like dream come true for the likes of me, but the sad part about that is, they most likely hand out those tickets for famous people. Famous writers, bloggers, you name it.

But why only them? Well, the main focus of that campaign is to increase tourism in Japan, so they most likely expects that the free ticket receivers write about the country and how awesome it is. So they just pick up the people who has the most following. It's rather sad that you need to be famous to get something like that. But such is life. I will apply for the ticket of course, but not gonna hold my breath over it... My luck in competitions is terribly poor..

But the premise of that handout is excellent. The current view of Japan may be slightly wrong at the moment, and I'm sure this helps to remedy the situation.


I also found this amazing forum, called japanforum.com, which is a total gold mine for anyone interested in the country. There are "Japan oriented" people from all over the world, and you can ask pretty much anything, and receive tons of answers. Discussion vary from anime&manga to japanese food. If you have questions about Japan, be sure to check the site out. It has helped me a lot. It's a great place to meet like-minded people and talk with native Japanese people. At the moment it has ~90 000 users :)

And I have a new banner. That picture (made by Lexor) fits perfectly to this blog, thanks a million!

My travel account has also taken a little boost, courtesy of Lexor. Thank you, Lexor :)
The current balance is 160/5000.



No comments:

Post a Comment